Thank you for thinking of volunteering at the Islamic Society of Greater Haverhill. Serving the community helps us, to learn from one another, to build lasting friendship and stay closer to Allah.:
In the Quran, Allah (swt) says: “Help one another in acts of piety and righteousness. And do not assist each other in acts of sinfulness and transgression. And be aware of Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment” (Quran 5:2).)
Here are a few ways that you can offer your time and talents for the benefit of the community through ISGH:
- Greeters and Guides – welcome and guide visitors during special events such as Eid, Iftars, social gatherings, interfaith events as well as Jumu’ah.
- Weekend School – volunteer to teach children Islamic and Quran studies as well as serve as assistants to teachers (positions may be paid).
- Babysitting – Entertain children so parents can join programs.
- Coaching and mentoring youth.
- Snacks – help with preparing snacks or tea or coffee
- Garden and landscaping | design, enhance, and maintain landscaping
- Join our Advisory and Operating Team.
Please fill out the form below to let us find an opportunity that will best match your interests, skills, and schedule. May Allah reward you for your support, Ameen.